Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Morristown Nightlife

With the summer in full swing, I thought it would be fun to relive my youthful days and head out to Morristown on a Friday night. Without old staples such as Jimmy's and The Funky Monkey, we weren't exactly sure where to go so we tried a few hotspots.

First up was The Palm Bar, a summery outdoor bar that I had heard of often from younger acquaintances. Thus, I should have known better. The Palm Bar was cool and fun, but mostly filled with 21 year olds. No one was dancing, and it seemed like people were really just there to talk to the same people they arrived with, with the occassional dude in an Affliction t-shirt hitting on a table of young girls.

From there we drove over to Sona 13. This was much more my speed with a great mix of people and a good band that kept the atmosphere light and fun. There was no cover, parking nearby and a fun crowd to mingle with.

So if you're hanging around in North Jersey this summer and are looking for some fun at night, check out Sona 13 in Morristown for a fun night out.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment