Thursday, October 22, 2009

Starland Ballroom

Concerts. Music. Shows. Performances. Entertainment. I love it all.

High ticket prices. $12 for parking. An idiot behind you kicking your seat. I dislike it all.

You with me? Read on, cause there's a place right in Sayreville with great music and low ticket prices. I know what you're probably thinking. "They can't have good bands", but you're wrong! Starland Ballroom has awesome bands, most of which you can see for less than $30. In the next month alone they have shows featuring Boys Like Girls, Cobra Starship, and Saving Abel. Over the past few years I've seen Papa Roach, 10 Years, Blue October, Yellow Card, and Jonny Lang.

What's the catch? There really isn't any. The shows are standing room only (with a few couches to lounge on and seating in the bar area) so it's really first come first serve for the best view. Shows are small with a few thousand in the crowd. Don't get me wrong, you probably aren't going to see Beyonce and Jay Z at Starland, but you will have a great variety to choose from including musical acts and comedy shows for entertainment.

Don't believe me? Check it out at Starland Ballroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment